Sunday, November 28, 2010

Childcare

I have been having a great deal of difficulty with childcare for our meetings. Our Americorps worker became very ill for our October meeting and I wasn't informed of this until the night of. For our November meeting the Americorps worker had assured me she would be able to provide care and then did not appear; I still have yet to discover why.

I have two families that are volunteering their time with me as group leaders. The solution to the childcare problem has been to send a parent to the gym to provide care. This is not an ideal solution for anyone for many reasons.

One solution that I have is to ask a couple of teachers at the Little Huskies Child Development Center to help the group out. I would in turn ask parents to make a donation of whatever amount they are comfortable giving to help pay for the childcare. I would also make a donation to help out.

I understand that for a majority of our parents to attend our meetings, childcare is necessary. I welcome and appreciate any solutions that anyone can offer. In the meantime, I will continue to be in touch with Americorps and attempt to bring in workers who are looking for extra hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment